Honey Sesame Chicken


Somehow I have gotten on this Asian kick lately and I'm loving every bit of it.  I am finding out just how easy making these meals are and they all are so yummy!  I'm also pretty darn proud of myself for totally keeping to my meal plan this week.  I chose dishes to make and didn't really specify a day but the night before I needed to make dinner I would choose which one to make.  It worked pretty good for me that way!
I came across the blog my kintcheen  quite some time ago.  The Honey Sesame Chicken sound like something that Grumpy would eat at home so finally, this week I got to making it!  I am finding this type of cooking really supper easy...another reason I keep making it!
Grumpy enjoyed this meal very much.  I did do cheaters fried rice and eggrolls...I was beat and didn't even want to cook dinner, but the decision to make it was made when Grumpy said he was hungry.  I enjoyed it but I like my Chinese food more spicy (like last nights!).  However, this is a keeper as it is variety and Grumpy liked it!


Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4 Servings
Honey Sesame Chicken
Bites of deep fried chicken pieces coated with a honey sesame glaze.
Ingredients
  • 12 oz   chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp cooking wine
  • 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • Sauce:
  • 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
  • 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
  • 1-2 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 2 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Instructions
Marinate chicken in soy sauce, wine, sesame oil and sugar for about an hour.  Mix flour and cornstarch and place in a large ziploc bag.  Drain chicken and add to flour mixture.  Shake gently to coat.  Fry in hot oil (350 degrees) until golden brown.  Drain on paper towels.To make sauce, mix chili sauce, ketchup, honey, oyster sauce, soy, sauce and water in a medium sauce pan.  Bring to a boil then simmer until sauce begins to thicken.  Toss sauce with chicken pieces, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
  • flavor of cooking © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes