How to Make a Stroller Cake Topper


How to Make a Stroller Cake Topper


 I have made this type of cake design a bazillion times.  I absolutely adore it but could do it with one eye closed and one hand holding a glass of wine.  What had me really excited about making this cake again was the darling baby buggy topper which is totally new to me.  I couldn't find any exact directions for this type of stroller on the web, so here it is!  I hope you all enjoy.


Cut Styrofoam with a circle cutter.  My Styrofoam was 7/8" thick so I glued two together.  Using a ribbon cutter and a circle cutter, cut pieces of gum paste and cover Styrofoam.  Dont roll your gum paste out really thin or else you'll see the bumpy Styrofoam through it.  Glue the gum paste to the Styrofoam with gum glue.


Bend 18 gauge wire around a rolling pin as shown.  Use gum glue to secure into stroller.

Bend 4 more wires and glue into Styrofoam for the canopy's support.  Drape fondant over wires and cut to the proper size.  Be sure to fold the fondant under on the front of the canopy and secure with gum glue.  You may have to play around with it a bit to get it just right. 

Decorate!  I used a clay gun and frill cutter to create ruffles and a cute border.  I also bent another wire for the handle.


Using circle cutters make 4 wheels and their backs.  Sandwich them onto the wires with glue.  My finishing touches were another brown border, a brown handle, baby blanket and baby made with a First Impressions Mold. 

If you are worried about wires going directly into the cake, you can paint the wires with white chocolate, allow to dry, and then insert into the cake.  Or you can insert the wires into coffee stir straws to cover the wires.  

I absolutely love the way this turned out.  I hope you love it too!  If anyone makes one please feel free to share with me. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this info!!! Excited to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find any exact directions for this type of stroller on the web, so here it is! I hope you all enjoy. Electric Smokr

    ReplyDelete

 
  • flavor of cooking © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes