Kaytucky Chicken


Kaytucky Chicken

I have a really fun recipe for you! And easy, too. It’s hardly any work; the oven does the work for you, but it’s a really fun and tasty way to serve chicken for a change. Serve with an Avocado & Fennel Salad, lots of skillet baked potatoes and a little Green Peppercorn Sauce, but that’s mainly because I’m seriously addicted to how the sauce tastes on potatoes.
This was absolutely delicious!
Directions:
4 chicken fillets
4 frozen puff pastry sheets
4 oz cream cheese (the firm kind)
few rashes of bacon
flat-leaf parsley
1 spring onion
1 large egg
pepper
salt
Directions:
This is what we call ontbijtspek here. It’s kinda like bacon, only much salter. They come in small portions. I’ve cooked four thin slices and drained them on a paper towel. I’m not using too much, but feel free to add as much bacon as you like.

I’ve also chopped a spring onion with my cute orange baby Santoku.
And I’ve finely chopped a small handful of flat-leaf parsley. Gotta love the stuff. You can use any herb you like, though.
Add the spring onions, parsley, crumbled up bacon and a good pinch of pepper to 4 oz firm cream cheese; I’ve opted for low-fat cream cheese.
Mix it all up. Adding a little garlic, chili pepper and/or grated cheese also tastes great! Just go wild! Think of fun combinations.
Make a fairly deep cut in each chicken fillet. And spread 1/4 of the cream mixture in there.
My puff pastry sheets were fairly small, so I’ve used two for each chicken fillet. I kinda stuck them together, and flattened them a little with my dough pin.
Until I ended up with puff pastry looking like this.
Place the chicken on top of the puff pastry, with the cream cheese side down. Season the chicken with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
Beat a large egg, and brush a little on the edges of the puff pastry.
Just fold them until you end up with small packages. The egg will function as a glue. Lightly brush the top of the puff pastry with the egg as well.


Pop them in a preheated oven, and bake at 400F (200C) for 30 to 35 minutes.

These were so good. The flavors together just worked. Even the kiddo loved them, and that’s saying a lot these days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
  • flavor of cooking © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes